Thursday, January 17, 2013

Book Review: Elephant and Piggie

I'm departing from picture books this week to spotlight the dynamic duo of Elephant & Piggie, by Mo Willems. A friend pointed the series out to me years ago, so when my preschooler was looking for something different, I grabbed one. And then another, and another. And now we've read every one. The newest title, Let's Go for a Drive, was an easy choice for a Christmas gift.
Yes, the language and the art is exceedingly 'simple'. And it's an early reader coming in at 60 pages. Don't be put off if any of those things might lead you to think your child won't love them or that they aren't actually complex, enriching stories. The characters are strong individuals, so like many little ones, and funnier and more empathetic than you or I could hope to be.
Note: The spread above is from I Am Invited to A Party!

1 comment:

Pie Sandwich said...

Thank you for being yyou